Cherry Blossom Center is located in the East Portland Community Center just off of Stark Street in Southeast Portland, at 740 SE 106th Avenue. Lunch, with a choice of entrée, is served Monday through Friday. Asian meals made from scratch are also available.
Immediate Volunteer Needs:
- MOW drivers to deliver meals to home bound seniors (2 hours)
- Delivery time between 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Regular weekly routes available Monday through Friday
- On-call substitute drivers needed Monday-Friday.
- Center Helper to assist Program Coordinator to set up for Meals on Wheels delivery (2.5 hours)
- 8 to 10:30 a.m. (all days of the week)
- Lifting required
- Center Helper to assist the Kitchen Coordinator to clean up lunch service (3 hours)
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays
- Kitchen clean-up of dishes, pots and pan, counters, floors and appliances
- Advisory Committee members advise and work with the Program Manager
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Community Outreach
- Agency Fundraising
- Center Programming
Interested or have questions? Call Colette at 503.953.8104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer at this center | Make a donation to this center | Contact this center
Hours and Meal Times: Open Monday through Friday, 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Activities / Interests:
- 9 a.m. - Bunco hosted by Cherry Blossom Seniors
- 11:45 a..m. - Bridge game hosted by Cherry Blossom Seniors
- 10 a.m. - Free Bingo hosted by Meals on Wheels People
- 2nd Wednesday of each month, 9 to 11 a.m. - Mainspring Commodity Supplemental Food Box pick-up. Bring your identification.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month, 9 to 11 a.m. - Oregon Food Bank Harvest to Home fresh produce available for free to seniors.
- 12:30 p.m. - Bridge game hosted by Cherry Blossom Seniors
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Thursdays at 1 p.m. - Dime Bingo hosted by Cherry Blossom Seniors
- 1 p.m. - Bingo 2 pk $4 and/or Special 2 pk $4 (24 sheets/pk) hosted by Cherry Blossom Seniors
Languages spoken by diners: Mandarin & Cantonese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, Malaysian, Hmong.
Address: 740 SE 106th Avenue , Portland , OR 97216
Meet the Staff
Colette Livermore, Program Manager
Stephen Pletka, Program Coordinator
April Woods, Kitchen Coordinator
Yao Lee, Outreach Manager
Charlotte Owen, Client Services Coordinator